Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silkroad Online Interview with June Son

Go down

Silkroad Online Interview with June Son Empty Silkroad Online Interview with June Son

Post  pyuyd Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:24 am

By Donna Desborough

Silkroad Online is an MMORPG based partially on historical fact and partially on fantasy. The background of the game originates from around the 7th century trade route, called the Silk Road, which led from the East to the West.

Donna: Can you tell us a little about yourself and what your involvement with Silkroad Online is?

My name is June Son, and I am the general manager of Joymax in the United States. I oversee marketing, public relations, business development, and customer service for Silkroad Online in the states.

Donna: How would you explain the game to someone who knows nothing about it?

Silkroad Online is a pseudo-historical massively-multiplayer online role-playing game, set in China, the Middle East, and Europe, based on the famed Silk Road trade route. Daring trade runs on treacherous roads provide the backbone of the gameplay content as players can take on one of three distinct roles: Merchant, Thief, or Hunter. With complete freedom to develop their characters, gamers can find fame and fortune by trading and transporting goods, preying on trade caravans, or hunting thieves. Silkroad Online is a visually stunning MMORPG in a unique setting. Plus, it's free.

Donna: What kind of events do you usually run? Are they usually more static or free form?

Our events usually focus around specific occasions. We run seasonal events like Summer Experience Increase. This is when players can enjoy a bonus in experience and gold. We also have events surrounding major holidays (such as Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas), in which we offer various items.

Donna: Is it possible for players to create their own events? Is there GM support if players wanted it for running their own events?

Currently players are unable to create their own events. However, it is something we'd like to consider in the future.

Donna: Recently Xfire released statistics for games that are played by people using the Xfire program. Silkroad Online was one of the top MMOs in those statistics. What do you think your key to western success has been?

Silkroad Online has several features that really distinguish the game from other MMORPG titles currently in the market. At first glance, the historical background of Silkroad Online really makes the game stand out amongst fantasy and sci-fi online games. As I mentioned before, the "triangular conflict" between Merchant, Thief, or Hunter is a huge a part of the game. We also offer unique pets and items in the Item Mall that can enhance the gameplay experience.

For more information of Silkroad Online please visit http://www.silkroadonline.net/.
http://www.mpogd.com/news/?ID=3082
pyuyd
pyuyd

Back to top Go down