Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blizzard creates pages for BC dungeons and raids

Go down

Blizzard creates pages for BC dungeons and raids Empty Blizzard creates pages for BC dungeons and raids

Post  zbyndl Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:28 pm

Continuing their trend of improvements no one actually asked for (hello, combat log!), Blizzard today released pages on all the raids and dungeons to be found in Burning Crusade, with the notable exceptions of Magister's Terrace and Sunwell Plateau (but maybe they'll come later). For each dungeon or raid, the pages have the following information: location, number of players, level range, associated faction, theme (Karazhan, for instance, is "Haunted Wizard's Tower"), key, reset timer, number of badges, abbreviation, final boss, and a link to the loot table.

None of that information is new to experienced players, but it will probably help those new to the high-level game. The real draw of the pages, for me, is the nice explanations of the backstories behind some areas and individuals, which is helfpul because I haven't fully played Warcraft III yet (though I am working on it; I'm in the middle of the expansion right now). Blizz also promises that the pages will feature dedicated screenshot galleries for each instance soon.

Some of the abbreviations are not consistent with what I'm used to. For instance, Old Hillsbrad is given as "Old Hills;" I've never seen anyone say that. Not that I talk about that place a lot, but usually it's OHB. They put "SC" for what I always call "SSC," and although I have seen "Ramparts", "HFR" or "Ramps" is more common on my server. But the rest of the information is (of course) correct, and I always like it when Blizzard fleshes out their sadly neglected official site. Neglected in some parts, anyway -- have you had a look at the class descriptions lately?
http://www.wowinsider.com/page/7/
zbyndl
zbyndl

Back to top Go down