Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small break.

Go down

A small break. Empty A small break.

Post  pwppxb Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:52 pm

I've worked an entire 3 minutes...time for me to take a tiny break.

Many people assume the when you become a vegan you're diet is limited to leafy greens and nuts. This is completely...well...it's somewhat true. But, there are many wonderful recipes you can make with this lifestyle.

Most don't know the giant pop culture that is out there surrounding veganism. If you were to google it you would find that to be a vegan, is almost to be part of a growing trend. This is great for people like me who were first intimidated by the thought of cooking large protein filled meals without any meat.

With hardly any effort you can come across some amazing vegan cook books.

How it all Vegan is an excellent starter cookbook. Everything I have made from it I loved! And best of all, these girls have numerous other cook books on the market!

Veganomicon is another great starter book. I like to think of it as the Joy of Cooking for vegans. It lists the must haves for the pantry, what equipment you should always have on hand, how to cook certain staple vegetables, and best of all the MOST wonderful recipes.

Even without cook books you can find a wealth of vegan knowledge on the internet. It's truly amazing the number of vegan sources that are out there.

With all of that said, I will inform you of what I'm cooking tonight....mmmm...

From Veganomicon I am making roasted garlic and greens soup, topped with a cornmeal battered potato wedge. And for dessert, peanut butter chocolate cups. It should be nummy! http://www.worldofwar.net/forums/blogs/viewblog.php?userid=340231&entry=659
pwppxb
pwppxb

Back to top Go down