Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Nothing against Priests, but...

Go down

In Nothing against Priests, but... Empty In Nothing against Priests, but...

Post  pwppxb Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:00 am

you're weak.

Before the barrage of angry Priests out there come down upon my head, let's back up a bit here.

I was out in Terokkar Forest, doing a quest where I had to get into a Skettis village, kill one of their, I would call, leaders and obtain a relic of sorts from them. I was just a little north-east of Tuurem, sitting on my mount working up a plan as to how I was going to get into this village of Skettis, kill this leader, steal the relic thing, and get out when all of a sudden I was being attacked.

I had a dot on me. My assailant had caught me quite off guard. I didn't think I was close enough to aggro any mobs, and it was a dot that most NPC's don't have. I then noticed my attacker was a horde, a female Troll Priest.

Now friends of mine had always talked about how when they saw a lone priest wandering around, they would consider that priest a "free kill". Essentially saying that it would not take much effort to down the priest before it had a chance to do a lot of damage to them. I had not had a chance to test this theory until now.

I paused a few seconds to decide if I really wanted to fight this priest, I made up my mind, dismounted, and sent my pet after my target along with a hail of bullets. Since the priest had been able to take me off guard, he had a good head start at getting me down. Thankfully I'm a BM spec hunter, which I think is the worst spec hunter a squishy can go up against one on one.

Once my pet was after the priest, I hit Intimidation, stunning the priest for 3 seconds, allowing me to get a number of good hits in. The priest hit me with a few more dots and a couple other spells before I had to hit a healing pot. Once the pot was down it was Bestial Wraith (with The Beast Within) to increase my pets damage and mine, and let loose a few more shots. We jostled around for a bit and the priest slowly made her way closer to me. Once she was close enough I swung in with a Raptor Strike which critted at just the right time, finishing the priest off.

The priest was the same level as me, so the fight was a fair one, but with nearly every other class that can catch me off guard and get a good head start on damage like the priest had, I would have been dead.

The priest did do a good job, I was down to about 500 hit points once her dots finally faded away, but it was not enough.

As I said, nothing against priests, but you guys are weak. In the end it was her own fault for attacking me and at least she was honorable enough to attack me while I was just sitting there instead of while I was in the middle of some other fight. But as a squishy priest, she needs to think a little more about who she is going to attack when she is all alone. http://www.worldofwar.net/forums/blogs/viewblog.php?userid=273881&entry=273
pwppxb
pwppxb

Back to top Go down