Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accounts & Characters

Go down

Accounts & Characters Empty Accounts & Characters

Post  wtzvd Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:55 am

If I own more than one copy of Prophecies or Factions, will I need to purchase more than one copy of Nightfall?

Yes, if you have multiple Prophecies and/or Factions accounts, and if you want to access all the new content of Nightfall on each of those accounts, you will need one copy of Nightfall for each copy of Guild Wars and/or Factions that you own. The choice is yours, though, and you are not required to link any of your accounts with any others.

Will I be able to take my existing characters to the new areas in Nightfall? Do they keep their items, their levels, etc?

If you purchase Nightfall and add your access key to an existing account, you will be able to travel to the new land, Elona, with your characters from Prophecies or Factions. Inventory items, skills, and other possessions and attainments from previous campaigns remain yours and are useable within Nightfall.

What are the advantages of adding my Nightfall Access Key to my merged Guild Wars (original Prophecies campaign) and Factions account?

When you add the retail version of Nightfall to your existing merged account, your existing characters gain full access to the Nightfall content. You can travel back and forth between continents, gathering new skills and items from all three campaigns, using skills you find on one continent to help you complete quests and missions on the other continent.

Your existing characters can choose to take Dervish or Paragon as a secondary profession, or you can create a new Dervish or Paragon character and then travel back to the continent of Tyria to play missions from the original Prophecies campaign with that character or to Cantha to take part in missions and quests from Factions.

You can create PvP characters using a mix of professions, skills, and items from all three campaigns, and have access to the widest possible array of strategies for PvP. And if you own only one of the previous campaigns, you will gain comparable benefits on a smaller scale. Merging accounts gives you access to two continents, and the ability to choose the core professions and either two or four additional professions, depending on the combination of campaigns that you select.

How do I link my current account with Nightfall?

When you purchase Nightfall, you will find an access key in the package (or will receive an access key from the PlayNC website, if you purchase online). Simply open the Guild Wars log-in screen and follow the prompts to add the Nightfall Access Key to your Guild Wars account. Once you have done so, you will have access to all Nightfall content, as well as all content from the prior campaign(s) you have installed.

If I do not link my current account with Nightfall and I install Nightfall as a standalone game, can I link them together later?

No. You must make a decision about linking your Guild Wars/Guild Wars Nightfall accounts when you first set up Guild Wars Nightfall. We are not able to link or merge accounts at a later date.

If I install Nightfall as a standalone game, and I have no other campaigns installed and no current Guild Wars account, can I install previous or future campaigns at a later date?

Yes. We encourage players who enjoy Nightfall to add prior campaigns to their account at any time.

How many character slots does Nightfall offer?

Guild Wars players can gain character slots in a variety of different ways. The following is a breakdown of how these slots are acquired.
Players acquire 4 base character slots with the purchase of their first Guild Wars campaign.
Each subsequent campaign purchase adds 2 character slots when linked to the original account.
Players may also purchase up to 26 character slots in the Guild Wars Official Store for $9.99 per slot.
Players can acquire 1 bonus character slot by redeeming a Nightfall Bonus Key, which is found in the Nightfall Pre-Order Edition. This key will be active upon release of Nightfall and the addition of a Nightfall Access Key.

If I do not purchase Nightfall, will I be able to create Dervishes or Paragons either as primary or secondary professions?

No. Dervishes and Paragons are exclusive to Nightfall and will not be accessible to players who have not purchased that campaign.

Will I be able to team up with Dervish and Paragon players if I don't buy Nightfall?

While you will not be able to create a Dervish or Paragon unless you purchase Nightfall, you will, of course, be able to interact with those who own Nightfall when you join cooperative ventures or competitive matches.

Will my characters from prior campaigns be able to equip Dervish and Paragon items?

A Prophecies or Factions character is able to equip any non-customized item. However, because the character lacks the associated attribute, the character's use of such items will not be particularly adept.

Can I trade my Nightfall items to those who do not own Nightfall?

Yes, you may trade items. However, such items cannot be equipped if they are customized items or if they are pieces of armor, which are always customized to an individual character.

Can people who own different campaigns play with one another?

Each campaign—Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall—offers access to a specific continent or area of a continent. If you own just one of the campaigns, you will have access to that campaign's home area as well as the Battle Isles. If you and your friend own different campaigns, you can play with and against one another only on the Battle Isles. If you own three campaigns, but your friend owns only one of the campaigns—for example, your friend owns Nightfall—you can play together in Elona, the home region of Nightfall, and of course on the Battle Isles as well.

Will the character level ceiling of 20 be raised with Nightfall?

No, the maximum character level will remain at 20 for Nightfall. The level cap of 20 is a fundamental balance mechanism for the Guild Wars series, which offers games that revolve around player skill. The leveling system allows you to track your progress as you start a character. But by Level 20, your character is fully trained and is ready to experience the most exciting content in the game. Additionally, the title system give players something to work for after reaching the level cap. http://www.guildwars.com/products/nightfall/features/nightfall-faq.php
wtzvd
wtzvd

Back to top Go down