Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amatz Basin, What is driving me crazy is a build that works there!

Go down

Amatz Basin, What is driving me crazy is a build that works there! Empty Amatz Basin, What is driving me crazy is a build that works there!

Post  oemcxi Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:49 pm

As the description notes above, I've been trying to find a way to solo build a team of henchies and heroes to deal with the massive amount of AoE damage and constant respawns of Warders that happen in this Challenge mission.

I've done well at times with certain builds. I've had the most success with one Razah minion bomber, big time aoe fire nuker Acolyte Souske, and Magrid as a trapper. Yes a trapper... she works wonders on known spawn points for the warders. Cynn, danika,devona, and the prot henchman round out the team. I've played various characters from my dervish, necro, warrior, and ranger. Ranger with splinter seems to be the best set up with the trapper.

The best score that I've been able to achieve on my own has been 85. Not bad you might say.... that is until you see the daily high score. Which is owned by one person at well over 340. How in the world of all that is right and proper does this person do it? Any thoughts?

At any rate I would appreciate some constructive thoughts on how my score could be improved.

I have tried holding the right and center. I've tried holding the right and left. I've tried holding the center alone.

The only side that I've been able to effectively hold is the right side. In fact I can dominate it. Unfortunately all the poor little Kursick refugees that come from the center and the left get mercilessly wiped out. In other words you loose alot of points by not being able to hold these areas.

From my experience it is virtually impossible to hold the center. If one could hold at least two sides then you can get potentially double the score.

For anyone not familiar with Amatz basin challenge mission. You need to rescue or allow the kursick refugees to make the saftey of an escape portal which is located in the middle of the battle field. There are three entry points that the refugees have to run from to get to this portal. The left, center and right sides.

The left side requires that the refugees run down a small hill then up a slope to get to the portal. The center runs down a slight grade to the middle. The Right side requires the little kursicks to run around a small fence and down the hill to the portal. (This is the easiest side to control.) As the warders spawn at one point on the right.

At any rate there seems to be an endless amount of red dots in the center. This occurs due to there being at least three spawn points in the center and for some reason there seems to be a tendency for some of the spawns from the left to run up the hill to join those in the center to beat up, almost in a frenzy, the poor little Kursicks.

The left seems to have at least three spawn points. And of course the game spawns them just as the Kursiks get to them. Then its energy surge, splinter weapon, churning earth and shockwave to death for them. Poor little guys have no armor.... just the fancy clothes all the Kursicks seem to wear.

I believe the spawn of Kursicks is always the same number only its distributed amongst the three entry points. Thus you could have upon occasion 2 Kursicks on the right and 5 in the middle and 4 on the left and alternate randomly there after.

Any ideas? If you've not done this challenge mission its fun to test out your different hero henchy builds against the onslaught of Warders. I'd be willing to help with a team set up or a full real person party to tackle this challenge. You get pve experience for doing the challenge and Kursick faction depending on your score. If you are lucky enough to be the getting the daily high score you also gain a bonus for doing that. Anyone know when the daily scores reset? If we know that you can get the bonus high score if you only get three points and move it up. However you do have to realize others are already attempting to get the new high score so you have to be on top of that. *sigh so much to keep on top of. *grin

I'd just love to break 100 ... just once... It would be a great day indeed

Life http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=9265
oemcxi
oemcxi

Back to top Go down