Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard Mode tips and Group Builds, What's working and not.

Go down

Hard Mode tips and Group Builds, What's working and not. Empty Hard Mode tips and Group Builds, What's working and not.

Post  oemcxi Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:00 pm

With HM out, I have been hearing quite a few people talking about troubles with DP’ing out and not getting through HM very well. I am no Legendary Vanquisher (yet) but I have been trudging my way through things, and wanted to start a thread to help out those who are having some trouble or want to have builds rated and discussed.

First thing is some tips I have found while traveling.

Group build is far more important than individual build. More on that later, but it seems to be the cardinal rule.

DP and Balancing your kills. In each area you will fight some very hard things. Early Elona has the Citadels and Avatars. Each of the Avatar Bosses worked me, I am not sure who was worse Balth or Genth, each ended up 1 hit killing me (a Warrior), and would take down my clumped up Henchies in 3 swings. Figure out which part you think will be the hardest and will make you rack up the most DP and take it in sections. Take one swing at it, kill as much as possible and after you wipe go work off your DP somewhere else for a bit. Come back and take another swing at it when you have the DP lower or worked off. Keeping easy groups of monsters alive for later can really help you out in the long run.

Flagging: I have heard that playing as a Warrior is much easier with H/H in Hard Mode. If true this is because I can flag them all back and go in and take agro. This will work just as well when you are sending your Hero warrior in to take agro. Some of the Warrior attackers have been hitting my Warrior at 35-50 per swing. This would easily be 70-100 on a squishy, getting that damage out of the way on the toughest guy is very helpful. If you hadn’t run a true agro before you should try it out. Even if it’s just to take the first hits, and then agro deteriorates, you are better off.

What I am running: My typical team build consists of Me (warrior) Jin, Olius (MM), General Morgan (deep wound, GFTE, healing chants), the Hench mez, earth elly, and both monks. This is not the optimum builds but it works all in all, and it has gotten me through most of Korna. When solo’ing you pretty much need to take the henches that do the best job, and that rules out Cynn and a few others.

2 Man. I ran with Demon a while ago and things were the smoothest yet. We made the entire group syncronise with burning and “Your on Fire.” Basically that is what needs to happen for HM to get the job done.

I would love to hear what is working and not working for everyone. I will be heading in with my Mez sooner or later. If you have any questions on your builds and what isn’t working, post it and we can help out. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=8111
oemcxi
oemcxi

Back to top Go down