Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kodonur Crossroads, Pooka, Party of Four!, Your Mission table is ready. (Spoiler)

Go down

Kodonur Crossroads, Pooka, Party of Four!, Your Mission table is ready. (Spoiler) Empty Kodonur Crossroads, Pooka, Party of Four!, Your Mission table is ready. (Spoiler)

Post  oemcxi Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:21 pm

The setting is a bleak prison camp, small islands surrounded by shallow waters, brimming with corrupt soldiers, where there rests a deep hatred for all things fuzzy and four-legged.

Mirza Velderunner has been captured, and gradually the members of her tribe have turned themselves in.. It is a quiet camp with strong bars. It is the will of the Centaurs, though, that has brought a hidden strength to this camp. The Kournans held an Army, an army behind bars. Were this army to be freed, the camp would surely crumble and Mirza would return to them.

I allowed my capture. My allies followed me into our cell, behind me Margrid the Corsair Scourge, next to her was the responsible Zhed whom we had placed our trust, and Jurah, the Master of Whispers to round out my group.

It was an easy ploy, how could four sunspears hope to defeat an army of Kournan soldiers? Of course they should turn themselves in! A known mercenarian traitor? Plenty of room! Another Centuar? Sure, more the merrier- For us! An old man with strange attire? We have great food for you Sir, every morning. It's Soylent! An orange, uh, ..huhm. Get in the cell you Shirt non-wearin' freak...

Oh yes. What could possibly go wrong?

...Indeed.

Soon Haroj came an freed us, and it was time to start acquiring an army. Master's was set to his usual Minion build, he hardly ran out of energy even with the soulreaping "nerf," and was able to keep them going depsite a limited number of potential "recruits."

Zhed was nearly useless during the whole endeavor, I had him set to earth magic for defensive reasons, with a little extra healing, res, and one AoE attack for the groups beyond the gate (Which unfortunately did not work due to there being an exceptional healer beyond the gate...).

We picked off the first taskmaster and took an opportunistic approach to the mission. We waited for larger groups to vacate, then went after the smaller groups with taskmasters. We eventually took out EVERY KOURNAN IN THE MISSION in order to get Masters. I dropped twice during the mission, and thankies to reconnects, was able to continue and pick up the drops I was missing.

Plus, Golden Eggs and Chocolate Bunnies were dropping. I got six eggs and eight bunnies. Me happy.

Eventually, we got all the Taskmasters, then freed all the centaurs, then it was finally time for the beginning of the end.

We had Margrid and her pet, Zhed on defense and Blinding, Master with 10 minions strong, and six centaurs including a "boss" centaur. We tried hitting from outside their fort, but it just wasn't working. Perhaps if I had brought Sousake and Zhed, maybe we could have done something. But it wasn't panning out. I got a little to close to the door while trying to heal Zhed, and the ending credits suddently started to roll. Chock full of Blooper Reel, too.

Everyone in the party got killed except Margie, which I managed to place further away enough to not draw Aggro. Once they no longer considered her a threat, I had her ressurect Whisp, and then fight off aggro enough to get out of the way. Once they got me up, I was able to handle the ressurecting and the tide began to turn.

Every once in a while, the aggro would pull the Healer in their group, once that healed lagged behind enough, we were able to target and take him out. Without that healer, we were able to pick off their group. I could afford to trade pawns with minions for spellcasters, then Margie and Zhed to lock down the Warriors and Rangers. All our Centaur pals save Horoj were now dead, but we had a decent amount of fresh minions and plenty of direct destruction to finish what we started.

I think it ended up taking around 45-60 minutes, but we did it. Four person party to handle Kodonur Crossroads.

If I can do it, anyone can. All you need is Good luck from a pooka! http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=7923
oemcxi
oemcxi

Back to top Go down