Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible new gvg runner set up

Go down

Possible new gvg runner set up Empty Possible new gvg runner set up

Post  jeunfb Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:50 pm

Hello all. I was inspired by Wall of wonder's tank build for his dervish.

I tried this character out today in gvg action. I was very pleasantly surprised on how well he actually did.

Dervish / monk

Mysticisim 16
Earth 1 or 3(left over points)
Scythe 11
Prot 8 (could be higher if you want to drop scythe to 10)

Skills

Wearing strike
Crippling sweep
Heart of fury
Pious Haste (12 second 33% run, recharges in 5 seconds)
Reversal of Fortune
Mending touch
(optional slot) Aegis or extinquish.

It was fun to run. I had a little trouble with the water ele type of flagger, but I think it was more just getting used to the build rather than any big problem. While in dwayna form you can take off any hex with just activating a skill (ie use pious haste or better yet ROF, ROF 1/4 sec cast no cast animation for pious haste). Water ele's are annoying but they can't kill you. However you can surprise them when you run up to them and hit them with wearying strike and they have an immediate deep wound. You simply use mending touch to take off the weariness or while you are enchanted you can then cripple them then use mending touch so you can smack them a lot more. Usually they run away.(if they are smart they do at any rate)

I was instantly in love with this character after surviving a battle with a two assassin team that was running their flag. Not only was I able to handle them but I was able to kill one of them. I wasn't able to kill both of them as one would always run away after the first one died. Admittedly it got alot easier when I had help from a monk. The two of us were able to hold off a three party (two assassin, one monk) group attempting to clear out our base. I was very pleased I hope to be able to run this character more in other gvg matches to see what its strengths and weaknesses are. I'm sure it will be a decent flagger once I get really used to the build.

What do you think of it? What can be done to improve it? http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=8172
jeunfb
jeunfb

Back to top Go down