Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

killing speed vs balance...

Go down

killing speed vs balance... Empty killing speed vs balance...

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:18 am

Okay I guess what I'm really after is something that gives killing speed AND balance. When I play GvG, it seems we usually want 3 monks, 1 prot and 2 healing. And it seems pretty good MOST of the time. But there are always times when we just don't do enough damage.

So I'm thinking maybe 6 high damage chars and just two monks (prot, healer; prot, prot/healer; prot/healer, healer; prot/healer, prot/healer). Or maybe even 7 high damage chars and just one monk...?

It seems like the best way to make this work is to use a monk or monks with some maintained protective enchantments (life barrier, life bond. protective bond). This way the monk(s) could stay well back while the damage dealers do their thing. Also rather than doing a lot of healing, the monk(s) are just trying to buy a little time for the damage dealers to get going good...

And I also want to say something about balance among the damage dealers...
There seems to be a LOT of effort in trying to find builds where the damage dealer synergize with each other... Okay, nothing wrong with that...

Then again, maybe there IS something wrong with that! For example, if the wrong person dies then it mught ruin things for one build. Another build may have problems if the timing isn't just perfect.

So instead if trying so hard for a good synergizing build, maybe just put together some good high damage chars and go from there. And maybe try mix up the chars a bit also. For example: hammer warrior, axe warrior, spike ranger, spike ele, fire ele, smiter. 6 chars that built right can all do very good damage regardless of what the other chars in the group are doing. And hopefully have some interrupts also!

Anyway, just my two cents or so... http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=4149
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down