Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

brainwave, because i r teh slow

Go down

brainwave, because i r teh slow Empty brainwave, because i r teh slow

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:33 am

so i was reading some posts about the *other* ABs' (the businessmens) ex-build, and someone made a mention of how backfire suxxors because it doesn't actually prevent someone from casting. merely discourages linky here!

well, then, I had a thought - much like the mission statement (i suppose you could call it) backfire isn't so much an offensive weapon than a balancing one.

At high Domination, backfire will do damage in the 110's to 130's, which is similar in damage to most big ele spike spells and the oft-used monk heals. So it's been useful to me to think of backfire as an eye for an eye measure rather than a "aha, i keelz you now!" skill.

I slap on a Backfire, the air ele sez "i sm4ckz0r5 j00 with 0rbz!!" but then i poke him in the eye and say "gg, eyeball." OR I slap on a Backfire, the monk sez "kekeke u r huert - " but then I hold up beeg feeeesh ( <x ), and monkie accidentally =

I think, in my mind, thinking about backfire in this new way has opened up more tactical possibilities in planning. Anybody else have similar experiences with other skills? http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=3610
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down