Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackout - EMBRACE IT!, Some fun in PvP Land

Go down

Blackout - EMBRACE IT!, Some fun in PvP Land Empty Blackout - EMBRACE IT!, Some fun in PvP Land

Post  sznnp Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:52 am

I was fortunate enough to try some PvP with a few basiners the other day. I had an absolute blast. We were doing 4v4 Team Arena and our team had two healers, a warrior, and myself, a Mesmer/Ranger.

I was setup like this:

Blackout
Shatter Enchantment
Energy Burn
Energy Drain
Backfire
Troll Unguent
Quickening Zephyr
Rez Signet

I was something like 16 domination, 7 Wilderness, 10 in Fast Casting, rest in Inspiration.

I would drop Quickening Zephyr whenever I wanted. No one wanted to interrupt me and nobody wanted to attack them. Stupid them.

I then PERMA blacked out one person on the enemy team. I would try to drop a backfire or shatter enchantment during the time between my skills coming back and when I re-hit my target with blackout.

If we needed more sustained damage, or if the target was close to death, I switched to energy burn and shatter enchantment. Backfire was good to harrass someone OTHER than my blackout target. Combining Energy Drain and Energy Burn was good for energy denial, with some bonus damage.

But one thing that was just KILLER fun was keeping someone from ever casting a spell. You can ALWAYS hit them with Energy Drain because they haven't had a chance to USE any energy, so you replenish whenever you want.

Needless to say, I was cussed out on more than one occasion. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=2850
sznnp
sznnp

Back to top Go down