Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity Ward on Upcoming Mod Tools and Piracy in Call of Duty 4

Go down

Infinity Ward on Upcoming Mod Tools and Piracy in Call of Duty 4 Empty Infinity Ward on Upcoming Mod Tools and Piracy in Call of Duty 4

Post  zenister Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:57 pm

In a recent post over at the FourZeroTwo blog, one of the developers at Infinity Ward had a couple of interesting bits of news concerning the PC version of Call of Duty 4. First of all, it seems a set of modding tools are in beta testing right now and will soon be available to the whole online community. Second of all, a large amount of people playing the game online are dirty rotten thieves. Apparently, when reviewing the numbers for people playing multiplayer, they discovered a surprising amount of people were playing with stolen or cracked CD keys:

On another PC related note, we pulled some disturbing numbers this past week about the amount of PC players currently playing Multiplayer (which was fantastic). What wasn’t fantastic was the percentage of those numbers who were playing on stolen copies of the game on stolen / cracked CD keys of pirated copies (and that was only people playing online).

Not sure if I can share the exact numbers or percentage of PC players with you, but I’ll check and see; if I can I’ll update with them. As the amount of people who pirate PC games is astounding. It blows me away at the amount of people willing to steal games (or anything) simply because it’s not physical or it’s on the safety of the internet to do.

This excerpt was sub-titled “They Wonder Why People Don’t Make PC Games Any More,”

http://news.filefront.com/category/gamer-life/game-related-laws/page/2/
zenister
zenister

Back to top Go down