Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know you people are reading this because

Go down

I know you people are reading this because Empty I know you people are reading this because

Post  pwppxb Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:32 pm

everyone decided my post on using the AH was a bit cocky and y'all stopped buying my copper. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

So it appears that yet again, the veterans are correct - timing also plays a part in using the AH to sell your stuff. I notice that during the week my things sell better than say a Friday night or Saturday when everyone's on and can get these items easily themselves. Sunday seemed to be a good day - maybe less time to run around and collect items.

I also decided to go with a sage bit of advice from the vetties (read: veterans) which was to have a bank/AH alt. So I have a level 10 warlock enchanter sitting around with nothing to do in Stormwind (since I've gotten involved with leveling my hunter). Everytime my bags fill up, instead of having to go back to a main city, I go to a mailbox and send everything I want to sell on the AH (or everything I want disenchanted since it won't sell on AH) to my warlock. Note: I don't send *everything*; some of it just gets sold to the vendors. Then I go back out and do some more runs, repeating this process until I'm done playing. Then I log out, go back to my warlock and pick up my mail. I disenchant stuff, and post the rest on AH, then get off.

The next time I get on, I go check my warlock first to see what's sold and what hasn't (and figure out why). I mail the profits to my hunter and viola! I have moolah. I may or may not repost whatever didn't sell on the AH, depending on why I think it didn't sell. Maybe I overpriced it; maybe everyone had plenty of time (like on the weekend) to find whatever they needed, etc. Yes, I'll be installing Auctioneer in the next week or so... I'll let ya know how it helps once I get to play with it a bit.

Gotta say it was nice to ding 20. I know, I know.... I'm still a noob. Smile But I'm a level 20 noob, dammit!
http://www.worldofwar.net/forums/blogs/viewblog.php?userid=344074&entry=618
pwppxb
pwppxb

Back to top Go down