Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions 1) and 2)

Go down

Opinions 1) and 2) Empty Opinions 1) and 2)

Post  pwppxb Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:09 pm

Hey Guys,
I was just looking at the front page, and their was a post of an article of the New York Times writer writing how voice chat was ruining the spirt of WoW. I have two comments on this, which I will adress with 1) The new WoW obsession at the NYT, and 2) how I disagree.

1) just the other day, I was reading in the NYT (actual paper! very disconcerting) about WoW. And then the link about voice chat? Has Blizzard actually managed to reach the Wall Street Crowd? Also, there is a full on BOOK about an MMO gold farmers (Anda's Game... I consider it a must read just google it) I aplaud WoW for being such a great game.

2) I think voice chat is a great thing for the game, and WoW should certainly come with it in-game. Though It does have a down side (listen to the clip on the front page with a young boy arguing with his parents) of Real Life Effects, It makes raids so much easier. Even though people can tell when your playing someone elses character. Which leads to anticdote 3)

3) This weekend, my RL friend, Vampx, and his brother, gagets, had a kara raid with their guild. These two people are the ones who got me addicted to WoW. So, of course, I'm on thorleader chilling and getting gold for my mount when i get a whisper like this:

Vampx whispers: SH#T... gadgets isn't home yet! Get ur @ss down here to play him!

Let me get this straight. I play as a warrior. Gagets is a Warlock who normaly gets 1st on his guilds dmg chart. I have No idea how to play him. Niether does Vampx (rouge). His advice was "start pressing 8, then do random buttons and hope you do damage." Wow. Alot of help, huh? So, when we get on teamspeex, the raid leader asks "gagets, wtf are you doing. Are you high?" (of course not. I'm just not gagets) (i didnt really say that) So when gagets finally walks in the door, we are stugling on the first rider-horse boss thing (I'm not 70 I don't know his name) He screams "F#CK. Go get me an orangina." So, the end of this meandering story is that they didnt get past the first boss and gagets got off becuase the raid leader knew it wasnt really him, but then almost booted him from the guild for not showing up.
REAL END OF SToRY: I hate playing locks cause you cant get agro without dying.

~Thor
http://www.worldofwar.net/forums/blogs/viewblog.php?userid=356276&entry=537
pwppxb
pwppxb

Back to top Go down