Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STR Bandit vs. LUK Bandit, I did a really complicated study, and I hope this helps.

Go down

STR Bandit vs. LUK Bandit, I did a really complicated study, and I hope this helps. Empty STR Bandit vs. LUK Bandit, I did a really complicated study, and I hope this helps.

Post  ehaada Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:03 am

Alright, I've been working on this thing for the last two days, trying to decide what kind of pure Bandit I want to make, whether it be a STR or a LUK Bandit.

I've come to a conclusion.

For this study, I assumed you add everything into luck while constantly waiting until absolutely necessary to add points into DEX(and STR for the STR Dit).

Example:

4/25/4/37 is always your level 10 stats if you got a perfect roll. You add 5 LUK every level until you need DEX for an equip. Like, for example, from level 10-14, you add 5 luck every level, then you need to equip the Field Dagger @ level 15, which requires 30 DEX, so you add 5 DEX with your 5 Lv. 15 points, just giving you enough to scrape by. Then, since STR Dits want to use their Coconut Dagger at Lv. 20(req. 10 STR 40 DEX) you go +5 LUK at level 16, +1 DEX +4 LUK level 17, +5 DEX level 18, +1 STR +4 DEX Level 19(Gives you 5/40/4/66) and then +5 STR at Level 20 to meet the requirements. It's kind of complicated, but the general idea is that you max out your attacking damage early and then just add on your requirements for the weapons at the last second.

Also, a "Faster" weapon speed 'whacks' at a rate of 90 mer minute. A "Fast" weapon speed 'whacks' at a rate of 82 per minute. It's hardly noticeable when you're actually doing it, but in the end, it really does make a difference.

I used Excel to do this(thank god for spreadsheets @_@) and I did the study from levels 10-60, when the answer becomes VERY evident.

I found the average damage over the course of one minute using the following formula:
CODE
(.4*MAX)+(.6*MIN)

I found the MIN by using the following formula:
CODE
( LUK * 0.9 * 3.6 * Skill Mastery + STR + DEX ) / 100 * Weapon Attack

I found the MAX by using the following formula:
CODE
[ ( LUK * 3.6 + STR + DEX ) / 100 ] * Weapon Attack

Here is what I found:

Levels 10-16, Both STR and LUK Bandits do the exact same amount of damage and follow the exact same build.
Level 17, when STR Bandit begins adding stats to get the Coconut Dagger @ level 20, the LUK Bandit outdamages the STR Bandit until Level 20.
At Level 20, when the STR Bandit begins using the Coconut Dagger, it outdamages the LUK Bandit until Level 23, when the STR Bandit begins adding stats to STR and DEX to be able to equip the Iron Dagger.
Then, at Level 23, the LUK Bandit outdamages the STR Bandit for Level 23 and 24, but then @ Level 25, when the STR Bandit gets its Iron Dagger, it outdamages the LUK Bandit.
@ Level 25, the STR Bandit outdamages the LUK Bandit. When the STR Bandit adds points into DEX at level 29 to equip the Cass at level 30, the LUK Bandit out damages the STR Bandit, but as soon as they both hit level 30, both weapons have a "Faster" speed rating, so the LUK Bandit begins to take over.

From Level 30 and beyond, the LUK Bandit COMPLETELY outclasses and outdamages the STR Bandit.

The difference at level 60?

Stats:
STR Bandit:
Str: 50
Dex: 100
Int: 4
Luk: 166
Weapon: Serpent's Coil (75 ATK, Fast)

LUK Bandit:
Str: 4
Dex: 100
Int: 4
Luk: 212
Weapon: Deadly Fin (72 ATK, Fast)

Damages:
STR: ~35833 Damage per Minute
LUK: ~38763 Damage per Minute

Conclusion: LUK for the win. http://forums.mapletip.com/index.php?showtopic=113065
ehaada
ehaada

Back to top Go down