Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saturday was one of my best GW days ever..., credit goes to Basiners, as usual

Go down

Saturday was one of my best GW days ever..., credit goes to Basiners, as usual Empty Saturday was one of my best GW days ever..., credit goes to Basiners, as usual

Post  oemcxi Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:20 pm

I don't put a huge amount of stock into special post numbers, but this here is #500 for me, and I just happen to have a worthy topic.

Saturday July 7 was one of those gaming days that happens once in a while, where everything lines up just right.

It started off with running around and farming the Festival quests for tokens, which converted to about 5K per stack. These re-appear in the story later.

Then I noticed a line from Jeremy (kousei) in AC indicating that there was some vanquishing going on in Tyria. Hadn't done much of this before, so I joined up. Also there were Lyne, arhurt, and Justin (I think I got everyone). It was a total blast. I think I'm hooked - my only limitation is playing time. Thanks to all of you for a thoroughly enjoyable run through Iron Horse Mines. for everyone.

Later in the evening I was putzing around somewhere and noticed that Tiaker was on, and it turned out she was on her way to Tahnnakai Temple, which I needed with another toon. We joined up there with shadguy and went through that mission. I wasn't so urgently looking for masters, and neither was Tiaker, but we managed to get masters' by 10 seconds. What a rush! (Dave was using his R/Rt splinter barrage build, and it works really well in the temple.)

We then made the trek down to Arborstone, and ran it together. Masters again!

At that point Tiaker was done for the night, but Dave and I still had a couple more toons needing Arborstone, so we ran it again, and hit a small hitch on the first pass, but then re-ran it. Hot knife, meet butter. Masters' again.

Three masters' runs in challenging missions in one evening was pretty noteworthy. I owe Tiaker and shadguy a couple of bottles of beverage-of-choice each. Thanks very much, I really enjoyed that.

And to top it all off, the tokens I cashed in got me my first ever AFK title.

All in one day? Pretty good happenings.

I knew there was a reason I liked this place.

Heck, a round for everyone in the house on me http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=8410
oemcxi
oemcxi

Back to top Go down