Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Order of Apostasy and IWAY

Go down

Order of Apostasy and IWAY Empty Order of Apostasy and IWAY

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:42 am

Thinking about Order of Apostasy, it is fairly obvious that it has the potential to be amazing with IWAY. However, it essentially demands that you dedicate an entire character slot to this one skill -- for it to be most effective, your OoA spamming necro must be of the 55 HP variety, hanging way back and keeping himself alive. Not knowing which one of the support members an IWAY group could most do without, and not knowing how to best implement this due to my complete lack of HA knowledge, I resorted to using the search functions on several popular GW forums. I found two distinct posts:

The first thread was on TeamIQ's forums, about how ridiculously powerful and hard to beat IWAY with OoA is. One post in this thread featured a vague outline of what the OoA IWAY build is like.

The second thread was on GWO, which was basically a below-par "build that I cooked up myself and I'm gonna call it ClicheWAY because it'll be like the new IWAY or something" that was actually vaguely based on the original IWAY and included an OoA Necro. The build mutated, and eventually an off-topic post was made by a different user with what I was looking for: A vague outline of the IWAY build with only one character swapped out for the OoA Necro and some slight backline changes to accompany the loss of that character.

In both of these vague outlines, the characters cut were trappers. In one it was the Martyr trapper that was cut, in the other it was the Resolve trapper. Looking at the build, I'd have to say that the Resolve trapper looks the most expendable to the team as a whole. The Martyr trapper can still keep the necessary spirits up and provides the team's only defense against conditions.

Following my intuition, the build seems to be as follows:

1x Standard W/R with EoE
1x Standard W/R with PB
1x Non-Standard W/R with EW
1x Standard W/R with Sprint
1x Standard Orders N/Mo
1x Non-Standard Tainted N/E with Well of Suffering instead of Well of Profane
1x Non-Standard Martyer R/Mo with the following skill bar:
Martyr, Dust Trap, Barbed Trap, Troll Unguent, Whirling Defense, Nature's Renewal, Frozen Soil, Resurrection Signet
1x Non-Standard OoA N/Mo with the following skills on their bar:
Order of Apostasy, Protective Spirit, Healing Breeze, Heal Party, Heal Other, ~open slot~, ~open slot~, Resurrection Signet
11+1+3 Curses
7+3 Soul Reaping
11 Healing Prayers
5 Protection Prayers

I would like the OoA Necro to be a PvE character so that he is not entirely devoted to the 55HP status -- so that he can switch out of 55HP armor and play like a second Orders N/Mo, just without the Orders. This is probably unreasonable to request at first, but if we get into this, it should definitely be on the to-do list.

Link to standard IWAY builds for reference.

Lets. Run. This. Tuesday. 5 PM EST. Show up with whatever at the AB1 guild hall, we'll get set up there and then port over to HA and finally get some AB HA experience going. IWAY is about as simple as a HA build gets, and is relatively effective when played well -- but this adds an extra multiplier that completely tips the scales in our favor. Most teams rely on enchantments as a good half of their IWAY hate, with wards being the other half, and not only that but almost every spike group relies on some enchantments and most interestingly enemy IWAY teams will be taking a beating as well -- because they won't have Tainted up. Ever. This is a perfect opportunity to break into the metagame and learn what this HA thing is all about.
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=5885
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down