Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AB3 Weekend GvG

Go down

AB3 Weekend GvG Empty AB3 Weekend GvG

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:01 am

Just a big thanks to everyone who participated in casual (mostly) GvG over this weekend in AB3. I played many battles during 2 different sessions with a group composed mostly of Basiners and some people I roped in when we got short (Thanks Valky, Sera, Gaurdian!).

It was a pleasure to lead the teams, it was unlike other casual sessions I've played in and people were perfectly willing to adapt, adjust and put up with my yelling at them. Much kudos to Rascal, who spent a lot of time during the first session playing a solo monk backline in the build.

There were a few losses but many many more wins. It was great fun, so I just thought I'd drop a thankyou note to everyone involved. I don't often get time to play on weekends, so it was great to be able to get GvG happening during the times I *did* have to play! And I was truly amazed at the quality of play from members and the team work shown. Its obvious that GvG in the mainguilds has matured a lot since I really took part.

For those I yelled at a couple of times during the sessions, no offence, don't take it too personally, I'm just a very competitive person who likes to win and given the team we had, we were perfectly capable of taking wins.

To everyone who played, while I normally avoid leading casual Basin groups, it was a pleasure to lead a team that in 90% of cases did what they were told. The real problem for me in leading casual Basin groups is the need to constantly re-evaluate the tactical situation when people don't follow directions. That puts an unnecessary, unwelcome and frustrating burden on the leader. Particularly on the Ice Map, which we fought on so much, quick and accurate following of orders will win many games for us, as its a big big map and slight mistakes (from us or the enemy) can be exploited to good effect. I hope we all saw and realised some of those on the weekend.

Thanks again all, it was awesome fun! http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=5161
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down