Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ferocious Zebras! Bear with me..., A GvG strategy idea from the Tree Man.

Go down

Ferocious Zebras! Bear with me..., A GvG strategy idea from the Tree Man. Empty Ferocious Zebras! Bear with me..., A GvG strategy idea from the Tree Man.

Post  sznnp Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:47 am

This is just a wierd concept I came up with thinking about GvG. I find myself trying hard to come up with entirely inapropriate, yet sense-making ideas that will work and make people laugh (In a good way).

I got to thinking that one of the best damage-dealing sources in GW is Holy Damage, mostly for the fact of getting around armor. This damage can be done from a ditance and deal great amounts of damage. Please pardon my tiny keyboard and large fingertips...

The first thing a group does in GvG is "TARGET THEIR HEALER." It's always the monk that gets targeted. You know how Zebra's survive, those stripes should make them stand out, but it's actually what helps them is they all look the same and stick closely together. Heh. Here's my plan:

A group of Monk Primary players, all dressed the same, same dyes used, different names if you want, but it would just make the other team even more confused if we all had similar names.

The primary should all be the same, but secondaries might best differ. For examples, I think two monks should be Monk/Necromancers, and stay in the back to do healings, while the remainder of the group be divided among Rangers/Warriors, and possible elementalists. The Rangers/warriors should be the flag runners and repair kit getters. The elementalists could do the slowdown techniques we've seen used previously, as well as area of effect for damage-dealing. Rangers are more likely because of Wilderness Survival skills.

ALL of these monks except healers will have MAXED their smiting prayers. For a very good reason, too. Because 6 Monks could suddenly deal 300 damage in a split second! This is practically a minimum of the damage they could deal! That's more than half of a person's health bar. If the proper target gets called, Monks could literally drop one opponent every 5-10 seconds. You could band together and drop the opponent's Flag bearer in the amount of time it takes for them to come halfway to the flag stand from the gate! Imagine "New Target, everyone, Banish." Boom. "NEXT!"

Players should plan around the following builds for the GvG team:

Mo/N: Modified Fi-Boon, however does the best healing. Once the opponent's get wise, though these will be the first targets they choose... This is not a build I am used to playing, so I am always welcome to ideas.

Mo/R: Skills on the skill bar: Smiting Rod would work best.

1.) Banish
2.) Bane Signet
3.) Healing Breeze
4.) Healing Touch
5.) Dryder's Defenses
6.) An alternating Trap, one of Barbed, Flame, or Dust. Possibly Balthazar's Aura here.
7.) Storm Chaser
8.) Resurrection Signet

It's open to suggestions. I thought maybe Antidote Signet would be good, too.

Attributes:

Smiting:13
Healing: 9
Divine: 9
Wilderness:9

I'm not completely sure about how good this build works. But the attributes can be modified. Anyone who knos more about this build or some of it's uses, please step in and offer your knowledge. Someone who plays this more often is the best source.

Bear with me. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=3117
sznnp
sznnp

Back to top Go down