Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Wars Community Fansite Program FAQ

Go down

Guild Wars Community Fansite Program FAQ Empty Guild Wars Community Fansite Program FAQ

Post  wtzvd Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:45 am

I'm interested in making a fansite, but I don't own some of the software I'll need. Do you know a place that has free utilities?

Most of the sites with freebies are either hoping you'll want to purchase their retail product or are advertiser-supported, so might have a few ads or pop-ups. But these are great resources while you figure out what sort of program you are comfortable using, and where your interests lie in the website world. Do you want to do it all? Do you want to work with a few buddies, maybe one specializing in graphics, another in content, and another in the technical end of a site? It's possible to make a great site with a team, or on your own.

A few multi-purpose sites that offer a variety of items — from graphics to HTML editors to CSS Tutorials to Computer Tips — can be found at:
Cnet Download.com
DevX Project Cool
Web Developers Journal
Boogie Jack's Web Depot
Coffee Cup Software

Sites offering a trial version of a full website design studio or a variety of website design tools include:
SiteDesigner
Adobe

For trial versions of HTML Editors, try this address:
Macromedia Dreamweaver

Free Trial Version of Graphics Programs:
JASC Paint Shop Pro 8
Macromedia Flash
Adobe Photoshop CS http://www.guildwars.com/community/fansites/faq/
wtzvd
wtzvd

Back to top Go down