Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vanquishing Sulfurous Wastes, read this before attempting...

Go down

Vanquishing Sulfurous Wastes, read this before attempting... Empty Vanquishing Sulfurous Wastes, read this before attempting...

Post  oemcxi Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:07 pm

So I was very upset last night, after 294 kills over an hour or two in the Sulferous Waste, to find that there is a trick necessary to get to the last few packs.

There are several packs of Margonites hanging with Infantryman Hareh on a rock island that is inaccessible through any way but a well-placed Junundu Smash. Basically you knock down a column to form a bridge (read the Wiki entry linked above).

However, Junundu Smash requires adrenaline... Wiki advises you to lure a couple baddies over there to build the adrenaline.

Imagine my surprise and dismay after reading this... AFTER killing 294 monsters. There were literally no monsters to be lured.

Thankfully a bit of luck helped me out... if you find yourself in a similar situation, (or really, an even easier method) flag all heros and henchies far away (you need monsters to not die while you're building adrenaline). Then, hang out near the column (look at the map on wiki). There is a patrol near Hareh that wanders along the cliff edge. If you aggro them as they come by, you can still "wand" them as a worm (wand throws a boulder, so it's ranged). They can't do much damage to you, and you won't kill them before building the necessary adrenaline. Then turn around and do your smashy smashy.

Note the Junundu Elite and Junundu Tunnel do not work to knock down the pillar.

On another note, I highly recommend doing this run... nearly all the monsters are killable while a worm, making for pretty straightforward vanquishing. It was easily done with henchies and heros http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=7975
oemcxi
oemcxi

Back to top Go down