Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Searing Flames....not so meta anymore.

Go down

Searing Flames....not so meta anymore. Empty Searing Flames....not so meta anymore.

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:22 am

I've been watching several championship battles on gw tv and yes there are searing flame elementals in many guild teams but clearly that is not the lion's share of the team make up. I've seen most teams running some combination of 2 dervish warriors or 2 warrior/assassin's and any combination that includes spiritual pain mesmer/paragons, searing flame ele, paragon/warrior standard monk builds for the meta, amd quite a large number of monk/ele's running flags.

The teams running warrior assassin's have a wonderful spike that is so difficult to target that I'd say 99% of the time they kill before any infuser can get to their intended target.

I noted one team went with a quote unquote gimmick build in that they had 6 mesmer/ele's spaming wastrel's demise and spiritual pain with added blinding surge and energy surge for good measure.

Clearly the game has shifted away from searing flames as a spike option. The mesmer set up reminded me of the fast cast mesmer/ele lighthning strike build of old.

Perhaps it was the map choices that each team knew ahead of time that determined what each team would bring to the battle perhaps it was a choice made on a wim (most likely not) but there were few searing flame builds in the championship games I observed. I guess the shift is in and we no longer need to worry about searing flames needing to be nerfed. Perhaps we should be looking to spiritual pain and wastrel's demise.

Anyway your thoughts are always welcome. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=7141
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down