Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Build] Faction Farming FC Water Spike {aka Icespear-way}, Fun!

Go down

[Build] Faction Farming FC Water Spike {aka Icespear-way}, Fun! Empty [Build] Faction Farming FC Water Spike {aka Icespear-way}, Fun!

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:27 am

So I played this FC Water Spike a few times... and while I did it in the offseason, if you aren't bothered by your rank/rating, it's a great way to group farm faction.

Basic concept is simple: You quickly overwhelm teams that aren't prepared for the gimmick and don't react quickly. Works best when you aren't playing top tier teams. To show respect to other teams and to keep on track with the farming, you should /resign games that look like you will get rolled... no sense in prolonging losses. Below is the rough sketch of the build (if memory serves me)

6 Me/E Fast Cast Water Spikers
You should use Staff with +30Hp and 20% enchant bonus. Swap should be the max energy cane and focus saved for the last few hp of a kill when you are all spent out

Fast Cast 12+2
Water 12
Inspiration 3+1

Ice Spear
Deep Freeze
[Utility]*
Armor of Mist
Channeling
Elemental Attunement
Water Attunement
Rez Sig

*Utility options: Drain Enchant, Hex Breaker (use a minor rune of Dom for +5 secs on Stance length), Ins. Hex, etc. I prefer Hex Breaker.

2 Monks
Can be premades, or whatever you are comfortable with... as you are there just to tip scales when it's close. With so many squishies you aren't expected to save any real slaughters. Enjoy yourself!

Strategy
At game start, before engaging other team, all Me/E's should tune up and cast channeling. Once target is called, one person cast Deep Freeze and then everyone spam IceSpear. When Deep Freeze has expired, someone else cast it... attempting to chain the snare so it's always "on".

Key to success is keeping both the attunements up and channeling. You'll be close enough that channeling will be providing quite a bit of juice. Oh yeah... Armor of Mist for when you are getting unwanted warrior attention or in the Guild Lord zone.

On splits, try to gank or if they are holding off your dmg too well, /resign and move on to next game.

EDIT: PS: we won more than we lost while playing this build http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=6753
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down