Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Ele Build, trying something different. . . again

Go down

Water Ele Build, trying something different. . . again Empty Water Ele Build, trying something different. . . again

Post  jeunfb Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:29 pm

1. E/Rt.

Energy: 9 + 1
Water: 12 + 4
Restoration: 8

Skills Template: OghjEmM5CTIDqDVDQiWDQDkCXMA

Elemental Atunement [E]
Water Attunement'
Glyph of Concentration
Deep Freeze
Shard Storm
Glowing Ice
Ice Spear
Flesh of my Flesh

2. E/?

Energy: 13
Water: 12+4

Skills Template: OgViwwLMNNwMAJ2OANgMcNIAA (Note: Skills template shows E/Me, so as to confuse teams re: source of hexes)

Water Trident [E]
Water Attunement
GoLE
Rust
Maelstrom
Ice Spikes
Glowing Ice
Res Sig

3. E/N

Energy: 10 + 1
Water: 12 + 4
Curses: 8

Skills Template: OgRjcgM6CTTDQimVNCtDQDIDCAA

Water Trident [E]
Rend Enchantments
Deep Freeze
GoLE
Glowing Ice
Freezing Gust
Water Attunement
Res Sig

4. E/Mo

Skills Template: OgNDsMnfSQDIDrDQipMWDBECAA
Water: 12+3+1
Energy Storage: 9+1
Protection: 9
Equipment Template (Texson as per Irish2s request.): PkpxmObjleqYmpI9wcmpIBLXirItSXmpIBrbmpI9EA
plus the usual 40/40 set and 30/-2 energy set

Shatterstone [E]
Ice Spear
GoLE
Glowing Ice
Water Attunement
Blurred Vision
Aegis
Res Sig

5. Me/Rt.

Fast Cast: 8 + 1
Domination: 10 + 1
Inspiration: 12 + 2

Skills Template: OQhjMwCKAS+APA/AIfFBcN9AJXA

Keystone Signet [E]
Mantra of Inscriptions
Sig. of Humility
Sig. of Distraction
Sig. of Disruption
Drain Enchantment / Shatter Enchantment
Leech Sig.
Death Pact Sig.

6. Mo/E

Skills Template: OwYUkkW+YYSDEzEhRbatCIDQgaRA
Equipment Template: Pk5RRPfYCTaGqpW1rAhpI90Ij5IBLdipILRZgpINhphpIHB
Note that ceol played this build and she tends to use an enchant swap at first, then goes to the 40/40 swap if necessary

Shield of Deflection [E]
GoLE
Spirit Bond
RoF
GoH
Grasping Earth
Dismiss Condition
Spotless Mind

7. Mo/E
OwYTkmGDZKua6rBMCEZwj4joVAA
14 Healing
13 Divine
3 Earth

Healers Boon
Heal Party
Heal Other
GoLE
Patient Spirit
Grasping Earth
Cure Hex
Spotless Soul

8. E/Mo - Flagger

Icy Shackles [E]
Blurred Vision
GoLE
Ice Prison
Armor of Mist
Ice Spear
Healing Breeze
Heal Party

In keeping with trying to get at least one unusual skill on each bar, the monks are playing with Spotless Mind and Spotless Soul. I realize they have some disadvantages to the more usual counterparts, but see how they fit. They are more fire-and-forget removal enchantments, and they may not work out, but I'd like to see them in action.

Hex overload team for keeping the other team moving slowly when they don't have enough hex removal to overpower all of the slowing hexes. Movement away from hexed foes is the best defense, otherwise, we try to wear down and out-damage people with Shatterstone/Trident/Spear/Glowing Ice. Between Attunement, GoLE and Glowing Ice, it should be pretty difficult to run out of energy. The mes can almost cast interrupts non-stop, and should also be able to keep one monk without an elite 100% of the time, while still having 3 interrupts to throw around where most needed.

As always, feel free to tear it apart. I will probably run it just like it is first, but I like any suggestions for better skills, etc., cause building stuff isn't my forte, I just like to mess around with it.

I thought about spiking with Vapor Blade, and that may be what has to happen. I wanted to see how well this could wear down the other team without spiking to be honest, just because it can be so difficult to get decent spiking with timely enchant removal pick up gvg and without the timely enchant removal they are the same damage as Trident w/o the knockdown. Right now, there is only really one thing that everyone needs to keep an eye on (or the leader needs to direct), and that is keeping the dangerous melee members of the other team slowed, meaning everyone cannot freeze them all at the same time, it needs to come in slower waves with Trident/Spear/Shatterstone/Glowing Ice in between to keep up the damage pressure. Monks should contribute by actively stepping up to use Grasping Earth on anyone in the midline/backline. If we are doing a good job of protecting the mes, I'm hopeful that he/she will be able to easily take care of any heal party spammer and/or shut down WoH. A Rit healer on the other hand, I don't know much about. Also not entirely sure yet what to do if the other team splits. Lots 'o questions, maybe try to take this for a spin sometime this week and see how it works out.

Thanks for the quick feedback though, I really appreciate it. That may be phase 2. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=9395
jeunfb
jeunfb

Back to top Go down