Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July Seasonal Discussion, ftw

Go down

July Seasonal Discussion, ftw Empty July Seasonal Discussion, ftw

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:40 am

Meant to put this up yesterday... spoilers for those of you who haven't checked out the games.

First round is over and the higher seeded teams have all won. I haven't watch all the games, but the round seems to have been a mixed bag. Some were exciting, others were just a complete letdown.

Te vs. PnH game 1 was probably the least inspired match that I watched. Their builds were nearly identical and both teams seemed content to just stalemate each other until VoD. Not one NPC on either side was dead by the time VoD hit, so it all came down to a big stupid NPC crapshoot. Lameness. As soon as I saw SB/RI on Te in game 2, I quit out. Gimmicks ftl.

WM vs. mn was a great pair of matches though. WM, in my opinion, is currently on the cutting edge in terms of build and strategy. The way they used recall and the warrior + smiter in game 1 was just stupendous. Anyone can think of that idea (Recalling characters around in a split) but it take true mastery to execute it. And also that dual Shadow Form Assassin build they used in game 2 is probably one of the coolest things around these days.

The biggest letdown, however, was MH vs. SotW game 3, with one of SotW's warriors getting stuck in the ground and having to kill himself with a vamp item. ANet needs to referee their tournament, that really shouldn't happen, especially after SotW has worked so hard for so long to get this far.

For those that are curious about who gets to go to Germany... I've been reading the other boards, and from what I've gathered:

WM, EviL, iB and EW have all clinched their spots.

Mostly Harmless will go if they win the tourney.

Te will get to go if they beat War Machine tomorrow and MH does not win the tourney.

If Te does not beat WM, they will fight a tiebreaker match with SotW. Winner gets Germany.

(I'm not sure where RenO fits in in all of this)

I'm hoping that SotW gets that German spot in a tiebreaker. I can't imagine how much it would suck to lose to a bug after months of play. I would be yanking my hair out if I were them. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=6087
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down