Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about GVG, and wondering what you think

Go down

Questions about GVG, and wondering what you think Empty Questions about GVG, and wondering what you think

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:03 am

Ok, I have some questions, going to try to put them out there in some kind of order and see what people think.

We have had several GLT's over the last few seasons and I have played with most of them. I do believe we also have some of the best players you could find and some great people in that mix. That being said, I keep hearing about this wonderful thing called the "metagame" and to be honest, I absolutely detest the word. So, I would like to know. Does it matter? In other words, if you have no idea what you are going to be facing, which is how GVG works in everything except for a tournament, why does it matter what the "metagame" is. Should we worry about what the other team "MIGHT" be running, or should we bring a build we are comfortable with and that we know inside and out and just run with that. I have seem many discussions about this build, or that build, or what this team is doing or that person did. And I have to say that IMO, it doesn't matter what build you take, you have a chance of running into a counter to that build. Unless your build is so out there that there is no counter being run yet, in which case I say that your build might create some confusion, then I don't see any way to avoid the problems with the "METAGAME".

I would really like to get peoples opinions on how many builds a GLT should have? I heard this the other day, that a team was going to try to get to the top 100 with build X and then once they get there they would switch to build Z because build X wouldn't be able to make it past that point. I questioned the validity of this because if Build X got you that far, why switch? Or, why not run build Z from the start? Can anyone please tell me how that makes sense? Thanks for your time, and as always, be kind. Rewind. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=4999
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down