Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GvG Sub-teams:, The Monk Support Team

Go down

GvG Sub-teams:, The Monk Support Team Empty GvG Sub-teams:, The Monk Support Team

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:22 am

People were talking about team builds for casual GvG. So I'd like to start talking about them, and I'd like to start with the foundation. I'm sure Earendil, Bunnz, Zelc, and Malcolm will have some critique here, and I expect it, and I hope to see it.

As many of you know, I've been monking a lot lately, and almost exclusively since PvP Madness Weekend. I'm not what i consider great at it, although last night I managed 7-8 enchantments with my prot/barrier monk.

Monks aren't the stars. We know we did a good job when the team wins and no one complains, or when the team loses and no one complains about the monking. We're team players, and role players on the team.

As you know when one is running 6-7 barriers + boon it is absolutely necessary to keep up one's energy. For this I run "Blessed Signet". My typical Prot/Barrier monk build is:

Monk #1: Mo/Me

Divine Favor: 12+4 (this is so I can switch to boon/healer if necessary)
Protection Prayers: 12+1
Domination Magic: 3 (for Hex Breaker in Team Arena)

Divine Boon
Life Barrier*
Protective Spirit
Aegis (ftw)
Shielding Hands
Reversal of Fortune
Draw Conditions
Blessed Signet

However things can and usually do go wrong. What do I mean? Backfire is not a big deal if I'm able to maintain the barriers. Diversion is the problem. If I'm running low on energy and I get hit with Diversion I'll be if I've got to hit Blessed Signet since instead of 10 seconds to recharge it will take about a full minute. Barriers are going to come down. Yes I'll announce " needs hex removal," but if our hex removal is down or has been used it can get ugly fast.

So, for the other two monks I'd propose the following:

Monk #2: Mo/Me (boon-healer) -- primary healer

Divine Favor: 11+4
Healing Prayers: 12+1
Inspiration: 5
Dominaton: 4

Divine Boon
Aura of Faith*
Dwayna's Kiss
Heal Other
Orison of Healing
Healing Touch
Infuse Health
Hex Breaker

Monk #3: Mo/Me (boon-prot-healer) -- secondary protector/healer

Divine Favor: 10+4
Healing Prayers: 11+1
Protection Prayers: 8+1
Domination: 6

Divine Boon
Restore Conditions*
Remove Hex
Arcane Mimicry (this goes back on the barrier monk -- you MUST carry it)
Heal Other
Orison of Healing
Healing Touch
Hex Breaker

The monk team should be pretty set unless a super mesmer team comes along. I have a vested interest in keeping Monk #3 alive, as does Monk #3 have a vested interest in keeping me alive, and we both have a vested interest in keeping Monk #2 alive. This is symbiosis at its best.

NOTE: it is important to stick together. If the team spreads out too much you might get out of barrier range, and you can die.

This monk support team should be able to go with about any fire team. It is a quick and dirty support team build for casual GvG. If there is a W/Mo on the team with Succor, the barrier monk can barrier the entire team. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=3561
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down