Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GvG Sub-teams, Necromancer & Warrior Fire Team

Go down

GvG Sub-teams, Necromancer & Warrior Fire Team Empty GvG Sub-teams, Necromancer & Warrior Fire Team

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:33 am

Do I dare? Okay now for the post that will receive the most heat, but that's okay. These are things to try. There are many ways to make a fire team. All fire teams take practice and coordination to work well together. There is no one build that is the best. Some are better in certain circumstances than others. People get tired and teams get beat. Or they're uber 1337 haxxors and never lose.

We've seen the Smiter BotM. So here's the necromancer team -- just for Eddie:

N/Me #1 Death Necro:

Soul Reaping: 11+1 (yes a total of 12)
Death Magic: 12+4
Domination Magic: 3

Dark Aura (this gets cast on the Blood Necro)
Tainted Flesh* (Make sure this is on the Blood Necro, and everyone else)
Soul Feast (quick health gain)
Death Nova
Putrid Explosion or Animate Bone Minions
Well of Profane (for those nasty smiter teams)
Hex Breaker
Res Signet

The "useless" attribute of Soul Reaping with this many points gives 12 energy per death. It is worth it.

Dark Aura deals 53 shadow damage to enemies surrounding the sacrificing blood necro and you lose 21 health. Shadow damage ignores armor. Make sure you have Death Nova on the Blood Necro. Well of Profane will strip enchantments off enemies who enter for 21 seconds. If you're running shy of health, use Soul Feast instead of Putrid or Well. Keep Hex Breaker up at all times. You gain 12 energy each time someone dies. The death necro can also be done with Minions instead of Putrid. I'd say Minions as opposed to Fiends because you can put Death Nova on the Minions and they melee and die fast, where the Fiends are ranged. And you want the Minions to die.

N/Me #2 Blood Necro

Soul Reaping 11+1
Blood Magic: 12+4
Domination Magic: 3

Awaken the Blood
Life Transfer* or Order of the Vampire*
Dark Pact
Touch of Agony
Blood Ritual
Barbed Signet
Hex Breaker
Res Signet

This one is simple: get within range of called target, cast Awaken the Blood, put Life Transfer on the target, and sacrifice away. Don't forget that in addition to the shadow damage caused by Dark Pact and Touch of Agony's regular damage, you do 53 Shadow damage from Dark Aura for a total of over 100 damage per sacrifice and sometimes it's all shadow! Use Barbed Signet if you get into real trouble. Keep Hex Breaker up at all times. Be ready to Blood Ritual the Monks, and you'll still cause damage to surrounding enemies. Others will want to use Order of the Vampire and Mark of Pain. Remind the Death Necro to give you love -- this means your DARK AURA is down: this sucks if it is down.

Warrior #1

W/Mo Hammer Warrior -- the disrupter with Succor (okay, I'm selfish) I don't know hammer builds so I'll leave that to the hammer builder.

W/N Axe or Sword Warrior with Plague Touch

Axe: 12+4
Tactics: 12+1
Strength: 3+1

Shield (use the one that gives +health and -damage while in a stance)

Frenzy or some other adrenaline generator
Fear Me! (spam this when you're attacking a caster)
Dismember
Axe Rake
Axe Twist (or Res Sig)
Victory is Mine! or Eviscerate (ftw)
Sprint
Plague Touch

Eviscerate would be pure damage. Victory is Mine! heals for 60 health per condition on surrounding enemies. If they've hit you they're diseased, you've passed all the conditions they put on you back, and gave them two more, so there's probably 3 and that's 180 health. Sprint + Axe Rake is the snare. Sprint + Hamstring for the sword warrior is the snare.

Sprint on both warriors gives a backup flag runner.

Now there's other ways of doing a fire team. Many in fact. 3 Eles for spike or massive AoE cluster -- as in 3 meteor showers on 3 different targets. An E/Mo smiter or two which would be used in place of one or both necros. If only one necro, the necro build could incorporate both blood and death aspects but would not be as effective as the two in tandem.

Now for the most important part F-O-C-U-S.

As with anything, success of the fire team depends upon focus. The flag runner has to be good, and we've got a few great flag runners -- they know their builds, and I'll invite them to post them. Off target mesmering is tough and takes time to learn. Good monking supports all of this, and good fire teams support the monks. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=3567
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down