Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Bomber Team Build, A fun test build for the Team Arenas.

Go down

Dark Bomber Team Build, A fun test build for the Team Arenas. Empty Dark Bomber Team Build, A fun test build for the Team Arenas.

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:20 am

I often use a Dark Bomber build to farm faction in the arenas and it occured to me that, if I'm doing so well with random PUGs, then with a bit of co-ordination a team based round this build could absolutely dominate the TAs.
It occurred to me reading through Healing Seed (which my Monk character just got as a quest reward) that the extra damage Dark Aura incurs every time a necro using it sacrifices life would trigger Healing Seed, meaning the targetted necro and everyone around him would get healed for 30 damage ONCE A SECOND - and that's IN ADDITION to all the Healing Seed triggers caused by the enemy hitting the seeded Dark Bomber!
I haven't tested this yet, so if any basiner able to play either a Dark Bomber or a Healing Seed Monk want to help me do so please get in touch!
In the meantime here's a sample 4-person team build. If we can get it to work in the TAs I'd be willing to expand it to an 8-person build for use in Tombs.
As a disclaimer, I have very little experience speccing out monks, so any input is appreciated! The only integral skill on that line-up is Healing Seed. I included Echo and Blessed Aura to help the Monk keep Healing Seed up continuously. With a +20% enchant staff wrapping I think there shouldn't be a problem there. Some other sort of hex removal is also necessary (though it needn't be Convert Hexes), as, from my extensive experience playing a Dark Bomber, mesmer degen hexes are the most dangerous thing out there.

Dark Bomber x3

Necromancer/Monk
Level: 20

Soul Reaping: 11 (10+1)
Blood Magic: 15 (11+4)
Death Magic: 13 (10+3)

- Dark Aura (Death Magic)
- Aura of the Lich [Elite] (Death Magic)
- Blood Renewal (Blood Magic)
- Touch of Agony (Blood Magic)
- Dark Pact (Blood Magic)
- Unholy Feast (Blood Magic) }
- Demonic Flesh (Blood Magic) }
- Resurrection Signet ()

Unholy Feast and Demonic Flesh are entirely optional, anything can go in those slots: those are just the ones I find it useful to use. If one necro were to be carrying some sort of enchant removal instead of one of these two it'd be good, actually. You'll also notice I'm using dual superiors (Blood and Death): that's also optional. As long as you have Blood at 15 and Death at at least 10 the build'll work fine. I find the decreased health doesn't affect me so badly under AotL.

Seeding Monk

Monk/Mesmer
Level: 20

Divine Favor: 13 (12+1)
Healing Prayers: 15 (12+3)
Protection Prayers: 4 (3+1)

- Blessed Aura (Divine Favor)
- Echo [Elite] (Mesmer other)
- Healing Seed (Healing Prayers)
- Vigorous Spirit (Healing Prayers)
- Healing Touch (Healing Prayers)
- Convert Hexes (Protection Prayers)
- Purge Conditions (Monk other)
- Resurrection Signet ()

Input would be highly appreciated on this character! http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=4074
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down