Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complete Maple Story Guide - Sp1d4r

Go down

The Complete Maple Story Guide - Sp1d4r Empty The Complete Maple Story Guide - Sp1d4r

Post  eybumm Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:14 am

4 Job Guide-Maple Story

An Introduction

Maple Story is a 2D RPG game based in a computer generated world. During your time playing Maple Story you can hunt monsters, do quests, collect rare items and become rich. Maple Story is a very social game in which you will meet many friends and enemies. Although it has 2D graphics, it has an excellent game play system.

About the 4 Jobs

In Maple Story you have the choice of becoming a Magician, Bowman, Thief or Warrior. Before I explain about the 4 jobs, I would like to say THERE IS NO BEST CLASS. All have their own strengths and weaknesses, periods of advantage and disadvantage. Choose what class you like and think suits you, not what people tell you to become because there is no best class.

Here is a brief description of all 4 classes:

The Warrior

Warriors are fighters that use swords, axes and any other close combat weapons to engage combat. Warriors have naturally high health to help them stay alive while fighting and are the most brutal and strong of all four classes.

Pros: Powerful, low maintenance cost, high HP
Cons: Low MP, must fight close up, always get KSed, skills not as good as others
Primary Attribute: Strength
Secondary Attribute: Dexterity
Combat Method: Close Quarter Melee
HP: High
MP: Low

My personal opinion and recommendations: Personally I’m not too fond of warriors; however, they are a good choice for beginners and make money easily because they don’t have a required material to attack.

The Archer

As most of you should know, archers use a bow or Xbow and fire arrows to fight. Archers are ranged attackers that have a balanced HP and MP and have the greatest range of all classes.

Pros: Long range, cheap maintenance, highest damage
Cons: Must melee if monster gets to close, minimum damage too low
Primary Attribute: Dexterity
Secondary Attribute: Strength
Combat Method: Ranged Attack
HP: Medium
MP: Medium

My personal opinion and recommendations: Archers are cool on all areas except the fact that they will have problems taking on big groups of monsters close quarters and their minimum damage is so low. The only thing I really dislike about archers are their minimum damage.

The Thief

Thieves are fighters that are very mobile; they have high avoidability and have two choices in weapons; claw (tool used for throwing stars) and daggers. Thieves have better mobility over other classes in the fields of jump, speed and the fact they can do jump attacks.

Pros: Good mobility, jump attack, looks cool
Cons: High level equipment (stars) is expensive
Primary Attribute: Luck
Secondary Attribute: Dexterity
HP: Low-Medium
MP: Low-Medium

My personal opinion and recommendations: I like thieves because they look cool. What I don’t like about them is their low HP and MP. That is as an overall. Look below at the specific classes for more specific opinions. I’d recommend thief to those who like to move around a lot and want to move fast and have good jump.

The Magician

Mages study the art of magic all their life and therefore have low stamina and strength. However, their magical energies are great and they use it to their advantage. They have very stable and consistent damage and have a ranged attack and do not become useless at close quarters. It makes up for their lack of strength and agility.

Pros: High/Consistent Damage, High level MP
Cons: Low HP, hard to level at the start, become weaker at the end, max damage increases slightly per level
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Secondary Attribute: Luck
HP: Low
MP: High

My personal opinion and recommendations: Mage is my personal favorite class. I don’t recommend you start with it off with it mainly because of its difficulty to train from lvl 6-till mana claw is maxed because its damage is pathetic and is very costly (mana elixirs made me broke!). However, they have the best skills and damage so if you have the patience and money, it is recommended. It would help to use a warrior to earn money then supply your mage.

Now that you have a good idea of all four classes, we can continue with the guide.

What Should I Choose?

Having trouble choosing classes? I can probably give you a small lead.

Mages: Like to do consistent damage and cool ranged attacks? Mage is for you.
Archer: Look cool, have a really high maximum damage and can shoot really far.
Warrior: If you are a brutal person who’d love to rush in and kill all close up, warrior is for you.
Thief: For those who love to move fast, sneak around and wear the coolest clothing, I’d recommend thief.

Hopefully I helped.

Controls

{Default}
Attack: Ctrl
Jump: Alt
Climb Up Rope: Up Arrow
Climb Down Rope/Duck: Down Arrow
Move left: Left Arrow
Move Right: Right Arrow
Open Stat Menu: S
Open Skill Menu: K
Open Inventory: I
Open Buddy List: R
Sit Down on Chair: X
Whisper: H
Pick up: Z
Messenger: C

How to Change the Controls
Want to set your own controls? Press the big blue button named “key settings” to access the menu. It should come up with a big view of your keyboard. You can drag skills, items and controls to the keys on the keyboard to make them quick keys. To make skills work, drag them into the keyboard from the skill menu and just press the key in-game to activate the skill. It is also recommended you do the same with items such as potions as it will become handy.

The Cities of Maple Story

In Maple Story there are many towns and islands for you to explore.

MAPLE ISLAND

Maple Island is the beginner island which floats in the sky, safe from all dangerous monsters. When you first begin the game, you start here. It is very safe, with only snails and mushrooms prowling the wilds.

Amherst
Amherst is a peaceful town located on Maple Island. It is a city for travelers to rest in and get necessary supplies.

South Perry
If you are looking to leave Maple Island, talk to the captain of the ship there and he will cruise you down to Victoria Island. There is no going back once you have left.

VICTORIA ISLAND

Unlike Maple Island, Victoria Island is filled with dangerous monsters and its landmass is many times larger than that of Maple Island. Here you can make job advancements and take on more challenging quests.

Lith Harbour
Lith Harbour is the dock of Victoria Island. When you first arrive from Maple Island, you will land here. You can also take off to Florina Beach from here (I don’t recommend beginners to go there). Basically, Lith Harbour is the beginner town of Victoria Island.

Perion
Perion is right up north of Victoria Island in the most mountainous regions of the Island. The chief of warrior resides there and if you wish to become a warrior, speak to him.

Ellinia
The magical forest Ellinia is on the east side of Victoria Island. It is the magically blessed home of the magicians; if you are looking to become a magician come here and speak to Hines.

Kerning City
If you want to see a modern city, come to Kerning City. It is located on the west side of Victoria Island and it is infested with thieves. If you are interested in becoming a thief, speak to the leader of their gang in the Fusion Bar.

Henneys
The peaceful town Henneys is also the home to the archers and can be found on the south part of Victoria Island. To become an archer, talk to Helena and she may grant your wish.

Sleepywood
At the centre of Victoria Island, it leads to the dungeon, a place with many fearsome monsters not seen above. If you venture here, make sure you are prepared.

GUIDE TO MAKING THE PERFECT CHARACTER

Here is what most of you want and I’ll grant your wish. The guide to making the perfect character is at your exposal! http://www.onrpg.com/boards/31.html
eybumm
eybumm

Back to top Go down