Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GVG tournament team, lets discuss

Go down

GVG tournament team, lets discuss Empty GVG tournament team, lets discuss

Post  jeunfb Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:35 pm

Ok, so the tournament has been out for a while and we, the basin, have not participated to my knowledge. Why? Well I think a lot has to do with it being new (it was) and us being a bit disorganized. So without further ado, I will get this started and we will see what happens. A few things need to be discussed and we will need some basic ground rules.

1. How large a "team" do you need?
I know that 8 go in, and I am guessing that 4 have to be members of the guild, not just the alliance, but what else. I know there is some rule that so many have to be in each game and you can't rotate willy nilly.
2. How long is this tournament?
?
3. Can someone explain the whole resign doesn't count thing and why this is important?
?
4. Where is Bunnz?
I miss him, just thought I would add that question here for us to discuss
5. How do you think we should do the team?
I don't like the sign up first and get a slot thing b/c of time zone differences. I also don't relish the idea of taking player A over player B just b/c of some random thing. This is probably the biggest reason I haven't pushed this until now and I really wish to hear your thoughts.
6. What am I missing?

Ok, so I know we will need signups, but I want to hold off on that for a couple of days until these questions are answered. Then, after that, I will discuss with my co-captain, thanks Irish (shhh, he doesn't know yet), the build we will use. We will then take sign ups for positions. For instance, if we are running one monk, we will advertise for that monk with skills required etc. I have some ideas on how to select this but want/need your input. After selecting a team I would like to have a couple of games under our belt together with the build making sure we know what we are doing and what each of us can expect from others.

I have other thoughts but will post this for now for you to answer, look at, think through, and let me know what is going on.

Thanks for reading.

Eddie of the Dead http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=9013
jeunfb
jeunfb

Back to top Go down