Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newb GvG Battle notes, Yeah, I would be the newb. :)

Go down

Newb GvG Battle notes, Yeah, I would be the newb. :) Empty Newb GvG Battle notes, Yeah, I would be the newb. :)

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:00 am

I just recently got seven of my real life friends to buy Guild Wars. We are all (but one) in AB1, and that works pretty well for doing GvGing. I took three of them in for one GvG match a few days ago, us with four henchies, and ended up against another team with four henchies. It looked like the other team hadn't done GvG before, they didn't even BRING a flag to the flagstand, and never placed a flag once.

Even so, it took us quite a while to win, not the least contributor was my sending a teammate back to get the Guild Thief, only to figure out later on that it was a map that didn't require a Guild Thief. Anyway, we did win, and they had a blast. The word quickly spread, and I think they got some others interested.

Last night, we did a repeat, this time I got five of us together, so we only had three henchies. We cleaned house with the first battle, and it was a proper battle. The other team was with it, they ran the flag, the flag tower went back and forth a few times. We had losses, and they had losses, they even pushed us back to our base at two points. We got them back to their base though, took the flagstand, and used the Guild Thief to let ourselves in. We then pushed our way slowly into their base, trying to minimize our losses to just henchies. We took their team out twice I believe before we could make a serious try for the Guild Lord (after taking everything else out for faction). Then we made the final push, and got some really honest "gg's" from the other team. They said we deserved the win. That felt good. Neither team was a "spectacular" team by your standards, but it was a good pitched battle, and I think everyone enjoyed it.

We then lost something like three matches in a row with other guilds that were just WAY over our capability level. I think the guild ranking in AB1 is about perfect for my friends and I, it gives us at least the chance of beating some other guilds while we build up our skills and abilities. I have also been fortunate to get some experience leading GvG battles, doing target calling and strat both. I actually found out that at the low end, if you must, that you can call targets fairly well as a monk. I do realize that against a REALLY good enemy team you can't do that, but we were short a monk and I had no choice.

Three of my friends have now unlocked Team Arenas (they had to win 5 matches in a row in random arenas, so I consider that quite an accomplishment with their premade characters).

So it looks like AB1 may rise up and have some GvG'ing in it! Eventually we may form our own GLT, but that is a long long way off obviously. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=5211
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down