Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for advice, new to GW

Go down

Looking for advice, new to GW Empty Looking for advice, new to GW

Post  saeimc Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:39 am

I'm new to GW and AB and have been having a lot of fun over the past 3 weeks with GW. I now have both factions and prophecy (some must have spells). I lvl'd up an a/e to lvl 20, went to RA and haven't looked back (much). I've got a couple advice questions for learning the pvp system and participating more in GvG and AB.

My current method has been to play the A/E I lvl'd (which was immensely frustrating for the most part), and then slowly rotate thru the premades to learn the way they play and some of the str/weaknesses of the builds. I've done a fair amount with the E/N frozen build and the W/E snowman build. I've been using Bath faction to open up skills and prefix/suffixes for weps. It's fun to open skills/items with faction, but I'm wondering if that isn't a big waste of resources.

The other option I've noodled is running most/all the other characters up thru 20 to unlock most of the skills they use....focusing skill points on the primary profession unlocks. In factions you can easily lvl up a character to 20 in 2 days of modest play (although it's mind numbingly boring). That would give me more options to making custom builds for RA/TA/GvG/etc. Is this a better approach?

As you can see my priority is the PvP aspect of the game. Should I instead spend more time taking a chosen class all the way thru factions and/or prophecies to get the unique weps, kill specific bosses, etc?

As an aside: PvP in GW reminds me of playing Counter Strike in some ways. When I first started in RA I died so quickly and had so little insight into "er, what just happened to me??". Now that I better understand how the various classes work (ie stay away from R/N, what's a bunny thumper, etc) it's a little easier and more fun.

Thanks for the advice. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=6233
saeimc
saeimc

Back to top Go down