Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvP Premade Group, First build attempt

Go down

PvP Premade Group, First build attempt Empty PvP Premade Group, First build attempt

Post  sznnp Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:00 am

I'd like to consider the possibility of using premades as the core of an insta-group build for the weekend. Using the list of premades posted here (thanks Gillias!), I thought that a potential build might consist of the following:

Paladin (2): These are warrior/monk builds that have good self-healing and excellent damage. Furthermore, the Sprint allows them to engage quickly. Overall, these are fast, deal good damage, and are incredibly sturdy.

Warriors Bane (1): This character's primary duty is to slow down the opposing team's warriors. Given the popularity of the wa/mo build above, I expect to see many of them in this month's BWE. Thus, a good counter is important. The ability of the Warriors Bane to slow the onslaught and drain energy/life would cripple the warriors. Furthermore, the same slowing/energy drain skills would be useful against Rangers, whose skills take a lot of energy to use. I see this character being used for protecting monks and other key soft targets against physical damage dealers.

Dazer: (1): This character can also act as a way to slow the other team down, but the primary function is to make casters' lives miserable. In particular, I can see this character used against mesmers and monks. The Ranger skills would slow down and disrupt the opponent, and the hexes would shut down the character further. I think that this character might function as the team's caller, as the character needs to identify which primary soft targets would be most vulnerable for focus firing.

Flame Savant (1): This character will use AoE skills for maximum damage. I can see this character being very useful in the Tombs maps,especially in King of the Hill or the Annhiliation maps. This character also could note when the monks get in trouble and drop an AoE on top of the monk's target before going back to the main target. Anyway, fire is fun. In the words of FEF, "Fire, heh heh...fire...."

Spell Slasher (1): This is an anti-caster character. Rather than follow the called target, this character would freelance, looking for enemy casters to take out.

Protection Healer (1): This character would work on condition/hex removal while adding buffs and other protection so as to ease the energy/healing burden of the primary healer.

Health Channeler (1): Primary healer, but with protection spells (condition and hex removal). Orison of Healing and Reversal of Fortune are both fairly spammable.

I'm torn on the monk builds, and wonder if getting rid of one of the other characters and adding a third monk might be a good thing to do.

Anyway, what could be done to make this more of a viable premade build? http://www.theamazonbasin.com/gw/forums/index.php?showtopic=772
sznnp
sznnp

Back to top Go down